Measurement while vehicle testing
With our winADAM measurement system, we determine collectives through vehicle measurements in road tests. With our MB CLA 180 d Shooting Brake measurement vehicle, we perform driving tests according to customer orders and determine the route data (topography, curvature), traffic parameters (traffic environment, density, type of journey (unimpeded, following, convoy)), driving parameters (speed, position, distance, accelerations, etc.) and drive parameters ( rpm, torque, gear, injection quantity, etc.). If required, we can procure any desired vehicle and equip it for driving tests. This also applies to commercial vehicles or construction machinery.
Simulation of vehicles
Collectives can also be determined by means of powertrain simulation of any vehicle. With our modular powertrain simulation tool winEVA, any powertrain can be set up. The range extends from e-bikes to cars to rail vehicles and from combustion engines to e-motors. With our flexible driver model in winEVA, any driver type can also be parameterised.
Any synthetic routes or measured routes can be used as routes.
Driving behaviour, fuel consumption, pollutions
Examples of our projects:
- prediction of fuel consumption on a test track for different driveline concepts (3 l-car) and research of drivers characteristic
- Possible fuel reduction by management of auxillary consumers
- Possible fuel reduction by motor stop
- Possible fuel reduction by storage of breaking energy,
- Possible fuel reduction by energy optimised tires
- Simulation of driveline management to optimize the braking energy storage system
- Comparison of differnt gear systems for fuel consumption
- Influence of gear losses to the fuel consumption
- comparison of the primary energy for a new system of of eletrical driven trucks and the existing railway system for the Alps Transit NEAT (New European Alps Transversale)
- Fatigue life prediction of a retarder shaft for given driving cycles of a truck
- Influence of manual gear shifting to the gear life.
- Investigation of new shifting technologies in automatic transmissions by SIL (Software in the Loop-Simulation)
- Fatigue Life of gearbox components under realistic driveng cycles
- Investigation of continious transmissions based on power split hydrostatic systems
- Driving simulation of CVT to develop a efficient regulation strategy
- Simulation of different driveline concepts to select an optimum gear
- Thermal behaviour of electric motors under realistic driving cycles in commercial vehicles
- Influence of the traffic density to the speed of commercial vehicles and the resulting fuel consumption